Information we collect:
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like what content of ours matters most to you.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We collect information about you and your company as you register for an account with us, create or modify your profile, use, access, or interact with our services or our websites (including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share content) Such content includes any personal information or other sensitive information that you choose to include. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an account with us. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. We may present your name, email address or image to other users in your organisation, or otherwise associated with your account in order to assist in sharing or recommendations.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our services or you view and interact with our content. This information includes:
- Device information – We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account.
- Log information – When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries;
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls;
- Internet Protocol address;
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; and
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Unique application numbers – Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to us when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage – We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How we use information we collect:
We may use the information we collect, including your personal information and transaction information, from our services for the following purposes:
- for internal and service-related purposes, such as to provide, maintain, protect, improve, and personalize our services, to develop new ones and to protect the rights, property, or safety of RiskTalk and our users;
- to communicate with you in order to provide you with information we think may be useful or relevant to you;
- to promote our services and related services;
- to analyze information in order to offer anonymized data products to third parties;
- to facilitate the sharing of anonymized information with third parties, including transaction data. An example of anonymized information would be the number of times a template is used or location data;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services and for marketing or advertising purposes or to offer you tailored content;
- to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to or use of our services, and other illegal or unusual activities;
- when you contact us,to keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements;
- from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services;
Transparency and choice:
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used and control who you share information with.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, you may not be able to login to RIskTalk or utilise other services.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Should you wish to opt-out of our data collection and have your personal identifiable information removed, then email us at XXXX
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of the Sunset Coast Holdings group of companies unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Sunset Coast Holdings when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- With account administrators
If your account is managed for you by an organisation administrator then your organisation’s administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your information (including your email and other data). Your account administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account;
- change your account password;
- suspend or terminate your account access;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information.
- For external processing
- the overseas recipient may not be subject to the privacy laws and obligations that exist in your country or to any similar privacy laws or obligations in the recipient’s location;
- you may not be able to seek redress against the overseas recipient either under your country’s privacy laws or within the recipient’s country in relation to its handling of your personal information; and
- the overseas recipient may be subject to a foreign law that could compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party, such as an overseas authority.
- For incident response and maintenance
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Sunset Coast Holdings if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of RiskTalk, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. This could also include government bodies, industry groups, insurers and educational/training facilities.
We work hard to protect RiskTalk and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.